Monday, September 5, 2011

Life Changes!

So things have been different in my house these past couple of days, and are bound to get even more so this week. My good friend from high school, L, has just moved to the area and is crashing with us until she finds a place. I love her dearly, and she's been great fun to have around.

One thing that makes me sad to do, but is important, is we're charging her to stay. Nominally, it's $100/week, but she's at $50/week and she's helping us clean (her point was that it de-stresses her, and she's gonna do it anyways). The reason why we have the bar set fairly high is this: another friend from high school, C, has rather irresponsibly decided that she's ALSO moving out here, and is apparently under the delusion that either a) I'm finding her an apartment or b) she's living with me and Mister. Neither of these are happening (esp. as Mister can't stand C and she bugs the ever-loving crap out of me after about 20 mins) so we're charging an amount that we're sure she cannot attain as she does not have a job in the area. :-D Sneaky and underhanded yes, but so is getting a phone call from your mother asking why you didn't tell her that C was going to be your new roommate (apparently my mother heard it from C's dad that C was moving in). It is not an issue with L, as L DOES have a job that starts tomorrow, L is actively searching for an apartment, and L is not obnoxious.

The other thing that starts tomorrow is school. Due to the unemployed aspect of my life, I am going to be a full-time student (yippee kiyay). I'm looking forward to classes, I really am, but the thought of being surrounded by teenagers is really disheartening. Luckily, quite a few of my classes should NOT be populated by young'uns, as I'm taking Theory 3 and Ear Training 3 (my old school called it Aural Skills and I keep finding it difficult to not call it that), as well as Russian and I feel that's a less common one. :-P

Gah, it may not be TMI Tuesday, but TMI ahead: I had an IUD put in about a month ago, and although it will be fabulous in the long run, it means that I have 6 months of cramping and intermittent spotting. I've been in two straight weeks of cramping every single day and not enjoying it. Usually by the SECOND dose of drugs it goes away. I want to remove my organs with a fork and knife and feed it to wild cats.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to L!
    Happy school year to you - I went back to university at age 27, and LOVED it (not the little kids, nominally my school mates, but the relationship I developed with my professors: they were so happy to have an older and interested student!).
    Have that thing taken out, keep your organs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes! The IUD isn't really that bad, I just have to tell everyone how much I hate it whenever I'm cramping. :-P I am not a good sick person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going back to school! Yay! This is very very cool. But why pray are you learning the language of your grandmother's colonisers? :P

    So, I lost the other email id you sent me -- I'm very sloppy sometimes, I know -- but I'm going to dig till I find it, and then I'm going to email you. For now, however, I am NOT state-side. I won't be till maybe next summer.

    And I have a job.

    ReplyDelete