Friday, November 19, 2010

Making More Toasted Seeds

Remember when I made pumpkin seeds using this method? Well, the time has come yet again. I had the seeds from this pumpkin and the seeds from this squash just hanging out in my fridge, and I don't want them there any longer! I want to be able to eat them!



Look at how many cute little seeds I have! They're just BEGGING to be used!

After boiling, and then popping them in the oven, I hopped in the shower. Upon getting out of the shower, I kept hearing this POP from the kitchen. Some of my seeds were hopping out of the pan! As they'd be roasting for 12 mins, I decided that was good enough, and took them out to cool (eating the 5 that had leaped to their deaths).





I cannot wait to devour them!

4 comments:

  1. Bah, toasted seeds. What *I* want is a lovely savoury pie, with the gravy thick and rich inside.

    It's early morning here, and I've been working on something all night, and I just can't stop thinking about breaking the golden crust of a pie and letting the succulent meat and vegetables inside tumble out in a gentle slide of dark brown gravy.

    I'm not staying up nights anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hopping pumpkin seeds too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was the funniest thing!

    ReplyDelete