Monday, May 23, 2011

Kitchen Thoughts



While I was away in NJ with family this past weekend, Mister cleaned the entire kitchen. Needless to say, this is not just a little bit exciting and rather novel. However, as I walked in to look at his fine work, I realized that (having moved my stereo) the room looked incredibly empty and bare.

I need something along that wall shown above. This is a rental, so tiles or that lovely detailed metal sheeting is out of the question. Trivets? Decorative cutting boards? Mugs? I have no idea.

N.B. Also, looking at that picture again, you can see both of my little ducks! The ducky tea strainer from my sis, and the rounded belly of my ducky tea kettle from my mom. :-P

2 comments:

  1. I love trivets. Fine Little Day had a wall display of crochet trivets, each a different motif and color scheme, that was SO beautiful. I thought of making my own set (not that I have the wall space), but finding really nice patters, even on Ravelry, is hard. Let us know what you decide!
    PS Congrats on completing the sewing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    The crochet trivets is a DARLING idea and totally do-able. I'll poke around with that, or perhaps just hit thrift stores for cute ones.

    My sis also suggested small, framed pics. There's options! :-D

    ReplyDelete