Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Project!



I'm making a shawl! I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear it at my wedding... and every other day of my life! (I got over a year, I'm good.) Thus far it's about 12" across the top there.



It's hard to get a good close-up as between the yarn (merino lace weight wool, grey heather colored) and the density of the stitches it gets a wee bit fuzzy.

To give an idea of how much I have to do on it, each side of the shawl (it's crocheted top down) has a pattern of shells that increases by one each repeat. I'm on 7 shells, and I need about 25 per side. :-P

The pattern I'm using is called Fantasm and it looks MUCH crisper and cleaner in it's photos than in my creation! However, I'm not complaining as it's super fuzzy and cuddly.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, and I want to know more about your (wedding) plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll probably be adding more about the plans as they get finalized -- we're having the most low-key wedding in the world. Hopefully, it'll be around $2000 'cause spending much more than that for a party is not something we feel up to at the moment! :-P

    ReplyDelete