Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Little Craziness

So everyone is running around like crazy with gardens, and I still haven't been able to put mine in! I hope that I'll be able to get a decent harvest, and I should be able to put it all in next week.

On a brighter note, I might be convincing Mister that little dairy goats are just what he wants. I can understand the not wanting chickens (they are ridiculously noisy and stupid), but I think a goat would be more manageable. I could be completely off my rocker, but I've got a few years to finish up this convincing -- I've got time, and no need to rush it.

So, I am very tired, weary, hot and sticky (in more than one way!). I manage an ice cream store these days, and let's just say that it's the busy season. I'm working up to 6 days a week, and putting in a lot of hours. Granted, I'm making bank tip-wise, but I'm working for it. I was the only one on tonight (due to a coworker covering a shift at another store), and if I had 5 mins combined down time, that's a lot. I had a steady stream of customers -- and what's more, I got called in an hour early 'cause the day girl was swamped and in need of a supply run! So, all in all, 7.5 hours worked on a "5 hour" shift.

Mister and I have changed banks now; we are no longer at Bank of America (evil empire incarnate). We are working with a credit union: USAlliance. The only thing that I care about bank-wise is that I be able to instantly transfer money between Mister and myself, and USAlliance can do that. Mister is more picky, but they cover all of his wants/needs as well. One of the nice things about this place is that they have a minimum balance of only $5 per account. And that opening a savings account is the default. I'm looking forward to saving money in a savings account again. :-D I'll probably be going over my finances to squirrel away money (so that I don't spend it mostly!). ... Looking forward to this actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment