Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Four Simple Goals



As both Dawn over at May All Seasons Be Sweet To Thee and Abbie over at Farmer's Daughter have beaten me to this, it might not be a surprise to any reading this.

Elsie at A Beautiful Mess has put forth this challenge of setting and achieving simple goals before the end of 2010.

The Guidelines:

1 - choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2 - do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example… instead of “lose 10 pounds”, choose something like “eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day”. positive actions instead of just the end result!
3 - choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4 - choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5 - blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!


As I have far too many ideas and dreams of things to learn and stages of sustainability to reach, this is a good challenge for myself.

Goal #1: make sourdough starter and make bread regularly. As I have every intention of picking up the flour for that tonight after work (to perhaps participate next week in Crunchy Chicken's Pioneer Week), this should be started soon. The reward will be fresh bread!

Goal #2: finish the tablecloth for Sharon. Why I am not working on it I don't know. The reward for that shall be that I will either take one of her courses, or arrange to go to her house again.

Goal #3: make a pair of socks for both Mister and I. My reward will be socks!

Goal #4: declutter. I have far too much stuff, and need to work on having less BEFORE Mister and I consolidate housing. My reward will be a baked good or warm beverage per box I go through.

Let's see how it goes!

P.S. Does anyone else want to just say "screw the challenge -- I want that yarn up there!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment