Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rhubarb Tarts in Jars :-D

Using this simple recipe for using rhubarb and using a basic pie crust (2 c. flour, 1/2 c. butter, 1/3-1/2 c. olive oil, 1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. salt, water) I've made little rhubarb tarts in PB jars.

I searched high and low for the pint or half pint jelly jars. (I saw some on the side of the road two weeks ago, and did Mister let me take them home? "Wait until you have a use for them" grrr) But, I pretty much always have PB jars, so instead of four cute little tarts for the picnic tonight, I have two big tarts. (There will be pictures later.)

What I am bringing to the picnic:

-- jug of mojitos
-- pulled pork from this recipe, only slow cooked
-- buns
-- pickles
-- BBQ sauce
-- tarts
-- cups and plates

2 comments:

  1. How utterly adorable!!! No photos yet? Well, I'll just use my imagination to tide me over. In my head, they are the cutest thing that's happened to rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete