Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Apartment Thoughts

Spur of the moment, this past Sunday Mister and I drove up to Portland, ME to visit his mother. We walked on the beach, grilled burgers and sausages, and I practiced my instrument while Mister had a heart-to-heart with his mom (they always wind up talking tech stuff and I get bored :-P). On the way back, we stopped at his older sister's apartment because she had a birthday gift for him (presents? I'm there!).

Her apartment is a lot like ours in layout and temperament, but it feels settled and looked beautiful. That is my goal with our apartment. It needs to be beautiful and settled. I cleaned like a whirlwind yesterday and so most of the house is actually CLEAN, but it needs those little touches. I need to frame much of my art, I need to find homes for the random crap still in boxes, I need to figure out what remaining bits of furniture we need.

I'm looking forward to it, but wishing it were complete, still the same!

1 comment:

  1. it always takes a long time to make a house into home. you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete