Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rhubarb

So I bought four bunches of rhubarb today, and I'm trying to decide what recipes I want to make. I've narrowed it down a bit, but still!



Rhubarb Cornmeal Tart -- I'm DEFINITELY making this!






Fresh Rhubarb Breast of Chicken (wtf is up with that name?!)




Rhubarb Vodka

Rhubarb Wine















Final Decision

Based upon how much rhubarb I have, and what I want to eat most, I've decided to make the following:

rhubarb cornmeal tart
lentil rhubarb soup
cavalier ginger and rhubarb ketchup (halve the recipe for two pints)
victorian BBQ sauce (halve the recipe for two pints)
rhubarb-ginger syrup
big crumb coffeecake
rhubarb streusel muffins

I'd need to buy another 10 lbs. of rhubarb to make the rest of the recipes as listed.

My grocery list for these items:

-- powdered sugar (I believe I finally worked through all of my powdered sugar!)
-- butter
-- milk
-- white cornmeal or semolina
-- carrots?
-- celery
-- onions
-- sour cream (2 c.)
-- white wine vinegar
-- ginger (2 "knobs" + 1 c.)
-- dried chilis
-- raisins
-- pint jars
-- eggs
-- baking soda

Additional Grocery List:

-- ravioli
-- potatoes
-- tomato sauce (opened the last jar!)
-- buttermilk
-- fruits/veggies
-- cheddar
-- mozzarella

No comments:

Post a Comment