Friday, August 19, 2011

Text for Invitation?

I want to clear up some of my tabs, so lets close the one on invitation etiquette.

Here are my thoughts on the phrasing:

[Dea-chan]
and
[Mister]
request the honor of your presence
to celebrate their marriage
at
[address]
on
[September something, 2012]
at
1 pm

RSVP: [our address]

Thoughts? It's just going to be the reception, and I'm not quite sure how to phrase that exactly. I'm also not sure if the "honor of your presence" is quite appropriate considering how godsdamned informal it's going to be. K, thoughts?

I figured in the invitation envelope would be a business card sized paper with the info for the registry, and a postcard with RSVP info (yes/no and chicken/beef/veg, etc).

2 comments:

  1. Like I told you on the phone, I think you just need to make sure that you specify that you are having a reception, not a wedding, because you are not having the wedding ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, what was the phrasing...
    "request your presence
    at a reception
    celebrating their marriage"

    right?

    ReplyDelete