Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Corn



When I was a kid I was given a copy of the book "Monster Night at Grandma's House". A cute little kid scary story about following a monster through Grandma's house after she's gone to bed, chasing it outside and making sure it stays outside by staying on the porch swing until sunrise -- a cute book. However, I remember one part always confused me: when the kid would stay at Grandma's, sweet corn was in season, and they would eat nothing but corn for dinner, and enough until they were full to bursting. I always was confused as to why someone would want to eat that much corn!

Well folks, I have had 3.5 ears of corn for dinner and still want more. Just feeling the bits of corn between my teeth make me want it even more. I no longer am confused by my childhood book.

No comments:

Post a Comment