Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cabbage Revisited

A while back, I posted quite a few recipes using cabbage in anticipation of cabbage season. Folks, cabbage season is upon us! As we have two green cabbages and one chinese cabbage in the fridge (to be made into kim chee if Mister ever finds that Korean grocer...) the time has come to try some of those recipes out!

Now, I could just make stuffed cabbage (or galumpsies or hawupsie as it can be called), but that'd be boring. I want more cabbage recipes! And preferably one that does not involve me boiling cabbage, then burning my fingers, and boiling it again. :-P So I have narrowed down the list to five... er, six. There is a latecomer.

Cabbage au Gratin
Baked Cabbage
Beekeeper's Cabbage
Polish Sausage and Cabbage
Hungarian Noodles and Cabbage
Cabbage, Potato and Bean Soup


I think that they all would be quite tasty, and I am leaving the decision from here up to Mister. Hopefully he'll make one! I mean, picking two out of six shouldn't be that hard, should it?



Cabbages!

2 comments:

  1. I'm making cabbage tonight! I discovered last year that we all like it stir fried with ginger, but I will be needing to try more recipes soon, thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother is Ukrainian, so cabbage has often been comfort food for me -- and I love browsing the internet for recipes!

    ReplyDelete