Monday, October 25, 2010

Scary!

Although I have several posts that need to go out, this takes precedence.

A woman came into my store with a toddler and a baby in a basket. The baby was holding a red, plastic container with a sigil and writing on it. After the toddler ordered, and I started scooping his ice cream, I asked the mother: "Is that a sharps container your baby is playing with?" To which she responded: "Yes -- I didn't find an easy way to open it, and it was keeping him distracted..." The conversation went on from there, and the woman casually removed the sharps container from the basket and put it in her bag.

What is wrong with people that they would let their infants play with what is not only a bio-hazard, but is highly dangerous on its own?! I am afraid for future generations.

1 comment:

  1. and sharing needles is just plain risky!

    - Danimal

    ReplyDelete