Sunday, December 26, 2010

Comfort-Land



Well, since Mister is on a roadtrip (long story, but he'll be back in around 4 days), it's just me here at the apartment. Rather than end up in the pity-party of just-me cooking, I've decided to make tasty foods that Mister doesn't like. :-P

So, for tonight's meal, I'm having some tea, a cheese quesadilla (used up some dried up cheddar and the last of the salsa in the process), and tuna noodle casserole. Mister doesn't eat fish, and can't stand even the smell of tuna -- so with the promise that I will wash the can out and not leave any tuna around (our apartment is so small that a single smell will linger for days... it's been bacon lately), I get to eat some good comfort food!

Tuna noodle casserole is cheap, simplified American food at its finest: egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, canned tuna, and milk. Precook the egg noodles, then combine and bake! I also prefer to crumble potato chips on top (apparently this can be called "P'tuna Noodle Casserole"), but as I was out, I'm using fried onions from a can. :-P

I'm also intending on putting on a comfy movie and eating while watching a movie -- comfort to the max!

4 comments:

  1. That's a good way to make the most of your time alone! I must say I envy the movie dinner ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know that I'm that person who mopes around with nothing to do -- so I'm giving myself stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuna casserole, NO (I can't eat sea-fish... oh but you knew that!). Substitute that with anything else, and this sounds like an incredibly great idea!

    I posted my chicken pie recipe! Go see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog audience have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?|I’m curious to find out what blog system you happen to be working with? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest website and I’d like to find something more secure. Do you have any solutions? stansted to w2 |gatwick to w2|cab w2

    ReplyDelete