Thursday, December 9, 2010

Photo Contest

I have entered in this months Does My Blog Look Good In This? contest. Erica Lea is hosting it this month, and there will be winners in each of the three categories, as well as three overall winners.

General DMBLGiT Rules:
Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
The photograph must have been taken by you.
The photograph must have been posted on your blog between the 1st and the 30th November, 2010.
The deadline to submit your entry is the 20th December, 2010 midnight, whenever that is in your part of the world.


Scoring:
A panel of five judges will choose six winners based on the following criteria:
Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
Edibility: Does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think “Wow! I never thought of photographing it like that before.”
Three overall winners will be selected and one in each of the above categories. As host I have the privilege of choosing one photo that I think stands out but wasn’t chosen as a winner.
My announcement post with the winners for this month should be published by the 1st January 2010.




There is my entry -- it had to be a food photo, taken between Nov. 1 and Nov. 30, and I had to scale it to 500 pixels wide. :-(((

All of the entries will be posted here. I like the looks of my competition (it's food, how could it go wrong?), and I hope that I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment